DVD, Music, Books
Choose from dozens of books, music and videos that we have compiled for the massage therapist. .
We have selected books that will help you in your massage business--from continuing education and knowledge, to actual charts that you could use.
Browse through our collection of music to help calm and relax your client with soothing sounds.
View hands on demonstrations with our wide collection of videos from stone massage to prenatal massage...the King has it all!
Refine your search below.
This video covers the skeletal, circulatory, lymphatic, nervous and muscular systems and how massage relates to each system. The anatomy of each system is described, then conditions and diseases related to each system are covered and finally bodywork techniques that affect each body system are shown.
For anyone with occasional or chronic hand pain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, or anyone working in a hand intensive occupation. Learn to tell whether muscles, tendons, ligaments or nerves are the cause of the pain and effective techniques for self-healing.
- 5 Different Techniques
Myofascial Release concentrates on the practice of massaging and manipulating the skin and body fascia to promote therapeutic release. In this professional grade massage instructional DVD, you will learn how to release restrictions with cross-handed stretches, transverse diaphragm releases, leg and arm pulls, scar release techniques, and much more. Also includes physiology of the fascia.
This massage instructional DVD is a 75-minute video and includes 7 distinct lessons.
This DVD is rated "10 out of 10" by Dynamic Chiropractic!
Myofascial Release is an excellent tool to help free restrictions, increase range of motion and balance structural distortions. We recommend this massage DVD as an add-on to Deep Tissue massage. Your client will experience great results, and this modality is easily integrated into your current treatment protocol.
- Basic anatomy & physiology
- How to perform Myofascial Release
- Experiencing fascial in your own body
- Releasing the superficial fascial
- Skin rolling and evaluation
Learn to evaluate postural distortions and balance the major joints. Also includes advanced techniques such as the Rebound technique, Cross fiber friction, forearm strokes, and Muscle Energy Technique in the context of a Myofascial treatment.
- Postural analysis from the front
- Postural analysis from the side
- Releasing the rib cage
- Balancing the feet
- Leveling the hips
This DVD brings together what was previously two separate videos, The Five Elements and The Three Principles, uniting them into one powerful treatment protocol, offering a great value with 2 hours of massage footage!
- Shows exercises that your clients can perform themselves
- Understand the polarity philosophy
- Think about the body in terms of elements
- Evaluate you client
- Choose an element to work on
- Pulse evaluation- choose an energy current
- Many conditions are covered, including arthritis, stress, gynecological issues as well as back, neck and hip pain.
Learn 22 Cranial-Sacral techniques to balance the cranial bones and sacrum. Covers 13 cranial bones, their motion, common dysfunction, and detailed, clearly demonstrated techniques to balance them. Also includes history, anatomy, and advanced topics.
- Information on the cranial bones, sutures, the dural membrane and menengese, reciprocal tension membrane, cerebrospinal fluid, and more.
- Definition of a release, describes what a release feels like, and discusses three outcomes of a release- still point, unwinding, and no change
- Location, function and emotional connections of the sacrum
- Shows the Coronal shear technique also with motion testing
- Location, motion and dysfunction's of the temporal bone, then shows the ear pull/decompression and the temporal palming technique
Advanced massage! Learn to evaluate posture and alleviate pain with highly effective neuromuscular techniques. Trigger points, evaluation and assessment as well as bodywork techniques for the hips, back, belly, shoulder, and neck. Alleviate complex disorders such as whiplash and sciatic nerve impingement.
- Includes 53 techniques, 31 muscles and 29 trigger points
- Prepares you to handle the most common injuries in every joint of the body
- Used as support for a 100 hour neuromuscular and functional assessment course
- Shows the assessment of the hips in terms of anterior/posterior rotation and high/low hip movements, and how these movement affect the lower back pain
- Easy to understand information that you can start applying to your practice right away
- Comes with a 17 page booklet that mirrors the techniques shown in the video.
Learn how to assess client injuries and alleviate pain with highly effective neuromuscular techniques. Focusing on the extremities, each section shows anatomy, trigger points, assessments, and specific bodywork techniques.
- Covers 47 techniques, 30 muscles and 22 trigger points
- Deals with sprained ankles, Achilles' tendonitis, knee evaluation, anterior and posterior cruciate ligament strain, and anterior and posterior knee pain.
- Shows a rotator cuff evaluation (both resisted testing and range of motion tests), muscle and tendon work on the rotator cuff muscles, evaluation and treatment of tennis and golfers elbow
- Covers the evaluation and treatment of the finger, thumb and wrist muscles, including causes of carpal tunnel syndrome and ligament strain vs. muscle/tendon injuries
- Takes the complicated subject of the forearm and makes it understandable
- Comes with a 22 page booklet that mirrors the techniques shown in the video.
Enjoy our 40th Anniversary Edition of the ESALEN MASSAGE video. This high production value program features more that 15 talented Esalen Institute massage therapists. How do you keep your practice fresh and fun? This program has ideas and massage moves to help do just that.
- Originally released in l997, the award-winning Esalen Massage Video is now available in DVD format
- Instructional massage program with 12 chapter stops, enabling viewers to quickly and easily go to or recap a favorite chapter
- Two NEW shorter mini-programs are also included: a 20 minute Back & Shoulders program and a 10 minute Head, Neck & Face program.
- Winner of the l999 Gold CINDY, awarded by the International Association of Audio-Visual Communicators
- Winner of the 1998 Coalition of Visionary Retailers (COVR) award
- You'll learn the importance of centering and grounding prior to beginning the massage session.
- How to attune each massage to the specific needs of your clients.
- How to incorporate Esalen long strokes into a full-body massage.
- How to blend a massage mosaic from the modalities of many massage techniques.