DVD, Music, Books
Choose from dozens of books, music and videos that we have compiled for the massage therapist. .
We have selected books that will help you in your massage business--from continuing education and knowledge, to actual charts that you could use.
Browse through our collection of music to help calm and relax your client with soothing sounds.
View hands on demonstrations with our wide collection of videos from stone massage to prenatal massage...the King has it all!
Refine your search below.
Reflexology! Everyone knows the word, but how does it work; what is it? With this educational reflexology DVD, you can learn to give a wonderful foot and hand massage incorporating the healing and therapeutic benefits of reflexology, the ancient massage modality! This informative video covers 8 lessons that teach you how to give a great foot and hand Reflexology session. This DVD also includes a postcard sized chart inside the case.
In this 40 minute DVD, you will learn:
Lesson 1: History of Reflexology
Lesson 2: Working the 10 foot zones
Lesson 3: Working the organ reflexes
Lesson 4: Working the gland reflexes
Lesson 5: General foot massage
Lesson 6: Working the 10 hand zones
Lesson 7: Working the organ reflexes on the hands
Lesson 8: Working the gland reflexes on the hands
This DVD is a TELLY AWARD WINNER!
- History of Reflexology
- Working the 10 foot zones and organ reflexes
- Working the gland reflexes, General foot massage
- Working the 10 hand zones
- Working the organ and gland reflexes on the hand
AT PEACE MUSIC spirit CD collection - EARTH spirit, WATER spirit and SKY spirit - offer Michael's personally edited and arranged selection of tracks from the At Peace Collection by Michael Benghiat. . . this acoustic, instrumental music is used in top spas and massage schools throughout North America and is recommended by many pros as ideal for massage, meditation, yoga, pilates, aromatherapy, progressive relaxation, music therapy and healing.
- Specifically designed to create a relaxing mood, with meditation, yoga or massage applications.
- Constant, non-fluxuating music lends itself to being played continuously without being distracting or seeming repetitive.
Discover a unique combination of Swedish and sports massage in the head, neck and shoulder area and how to sequence and integrate it into a full body massage.
- How to approach the anterior and posterior aspects of the shoulders.
- Increase neck motility and flexibility
- Identify and get rid of trigger points in the muscles to alleviate headaches
- Apply pressure point squeezing to relieve tension
- How to use rocking and stretching during the massage.
- Monitor your client's comfort level throughout the massage
- Unique combination of Swedish and sports massage.
- How to use body weight to enhance thumb work.
- How to assess and maintain shoulder function.
Bodywork videos abound yet choosing the right ones can be difficult. The Massage Master Class Series of videos brings the world's leading massage and bodywork instructors right into your home or studio. Learn step-by-step instructions, view detailed, up-close video footage, listen to expert voice narrations, helpful recaps and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Demonstrates how to provide professional seated chair massage for clients
- The advantages are that chair massage can be done virtually anywhere and requires no special equipment, other than you and your chair.
This Pre-Natal Massage DVD is great for the common discomforts experienced by pregnant women, including low back pain, sciatic pain, pelvic restriction, even sinus congestion! Time tested techniques that are easy to learn.
- Benefits, precautions and specifics are covered, along with essential protocol, documentation suggestions and recommendations.
- Sciatic pain
- Calf cramps
- Pelvic restriction
- Low back pain
- Sinus congestion and more
An introductory step by step guide to this ancient art. Likened to assisted yoga, this clothed massage increases flexibility,
range of motion, and improves the flow of energy through the “Sen lines”
of your body. Learn how to give a one-hour, full body Thai Yoga massage with Kam Thye Chow, a master Thai bodywork professional and author. Massage therapists, physical therapists, yoga practitioners and anybody interested in expanding their knowledge in the somatic arts will find this video (and the companion book) a great addition to their instructional video library.
- Learn about this ancient bodywork therapy-from its origins in Thai Buddhist temples and the theoretical foundations of its development to a comprehensive presentation of classic Thai Yoga Massage
- Detailed photographs accompany a complete series of postures for a one- to two-hour full-body massage that focuses attention on both the upper and lower body, providing an ideal body therapy geare
- Likened to assisted yoga, this clothed massage increases flexibility, range of motion, and improves the flow of energy through the “Sen lines” of your body.
As a Massage Therapist, you understand that your hands are your most valuable asset. But many Massage Therapists often complain of weak, stiff and aching hands. The type of movements that you employ in your work can lead to many hand-related syndromes, such as hastened Arthritis, Tendonitis, Pinched Nerves, and more. Perhaps the most common is Overuse Syndrome, a condition that causes chronic pain and stiffness as you move forward in life and work. If you don't have any of these conditions yet, it's only a matter of time. And if you are already having symptoms, you can't afford to wait another day.
- As a bonus to Massage Therapists specifically, the techniques in this DVD will not only help you, they are also techniques you can use on or teach your clients. Healthy Hands, Wrists and Forearms
- It could be the single best investment you ever make in your career, your comfort and your future.
Metals and minerals which are very toxic in their unprocessed form have been converted by special processes into preparations for treatment of diseases by Ayurvedic physicians for thousands of years. Covers physico-chemical and philosophical concepts, processing of metals and minerals, gems and jewels, shell and bone, conversion of poisonous vegetable substances; with diagrams, index and appendices.
Using modern medicines for a running nose or stomach is like killing a fly with a gun. Urban patients alienated from traditional practices, are often overdrugged for the most trivial of health problems. Herbal remedies offer effective cures, says Dr. Khanna by helping body defenses fight disease; modern medicines directly attack the disease and in the process weaken the system.
- Included in this book are about a thousand recipes drawn from the vanishing tradition of folk medicine, and tested out by the author's patients, on her prescription.
- Some of these come in handy in medical emergencies.
- Easy to make from available fruits, vegetable herbs and spices.