More Massage Techniques
This educational massage DVD is both instructional and informative, and covers 3 different massage modalities: a Swedish Muscle sequence, a clothed compression technique, and a full-handed Swedish massage. We consider this DVD a must have for anyone serious about massage. Whether you practice professional massage therapy, or want to learn at home, this video is excellent and a small price to pay for the value that you will get. Covering over 90 different techniques, you will refer to this 70 minute long DVD over and over again.
- Compression sequence
- Muscular sequence
- Relaxation sequence
- Covers 90 techniques!
This video covers the skeletal, circulatory, lymphatic, nervous and muscular systems and how massage relates to each system. The anatomy of each system is described, then conditions and diseases related to each system are covered and finally bodywork techniques that affect each body system are shown.
This DVD brings together what was previously two separate videos, The Five Elements and The Three Principles, uniting them into one powerful treatment protocol, offering a great value with 2 hours of massage footage!
- Shows exercises that your clients can perform themselves
- Understand the polarity philosophy
- Think about the body in terms of elements
- Evaluate you client
- Choose an element to work on
- Pulse evaluation- choose an energy current
- Many conditions are covered, including arthritis, stress, gynecological issues as well as back, neck and hip pain.
Clinical Shiatsu is a massage modality used to treat back and neck pain. It incorporates advanced assessment tools and meridian pairing techniques.
This Clinical Shiatsu DVD is comprehensive in that it covers the majority of the primary meridians, and includes multiple sequences that you can use to vary your work on each client. In addition, this instructional DVD covers:
- Back-shu Points,
- Ashi points,
- Evaluation in terms of excessive or deficient, chi or blood stagnation,
- A meridian review
- And much more.
The instructor is John Hickey, a licensed acupuncturist, who has been teaching and practicing shiatsu and Oriental Medicine for over 20 years. He practices and teaches shiatsu in Carpenteria, California.
- Reknown accupuncturist John Hickey demonstrates several methods of shiatsu, Back-shu, chi stagnation and more!
Earth is a deep muscular massage designed to release tension, loosen and free muscles. This session intigrates Side Posture, Deep Tissue, Neuromuscular Therapy, Myofascial Release, and Swedish Massage. Benefits include muscle lengthening, increased range of motion and improved posture.
- A one of a kind deep muscular massage designed to release tension and free the body, mind and spirit.
- Perform this method on clients with muscle tension, limited range of motion or on people who can't lay face-up or face-down for long.
The Fire Massage is a rejuvenating and revitalizing massage designed to loosen blocks, relieve stress and energize the body. This video integrates Sports Massage, Active Resistance Stretching,Neuro-lymphatic Reflex Massage, Breath Work, Deep Tissue Therapy and Swedish Massage. Benefits include increased circulation, increased vitality and activation of body systems.
- A Dynamic series of massages catered to athletes but applicable to anyone with deep tissue tension.
- Perform this massage on receivers who are tired, lethargic, or have limited vitality.
The Spirit Massage instructional DVD is designed to guide the therapist in offering a gentle stress relieving massage to quiet the mind and get the client in touch with their deeper rhythms.
This massage video is 81 minutes and leads you through the whole massage for both sides of the body. This educational massage DVD integrates Lymphatic Drainage, Guided Imagery, Energy Balancing, Myofascial Release and Swedish Massage.
- A superb stress relieving Massage that centers and refocuses the spirit.
- Perform this routine on receivers who are stressed, scattered, or in emotional turmoil.
The Fire Massage is a rejuvenating and revitalizing massage designed to loosen blocks, relieve stress and energize the body.The Spirit Massage is a gentle stress relieving massage designed to quiet the mind and get the client in touch with their deeper rhythms. The Earth Massage is a deep, muscular massage designed to release tension, loosen muscles and free restrictions.
- The Fire video includes a 5 minute Chi Gung self-care routine for the practitioner.
- The Spirit video includes a 5 minute Kundalini Yoga routine for the practitioner.
- The Earth video includes a 5 minute Yoga routine for the practitioner.
This DVD covers advanced nerve tension tests that will allow the therapist to precisely evaluate the median, ulnar, and radial nerves to discover exactly where they are impinged. Then Doug Alexander will lead you through over 65 soft tissue techniques. These include myofascial release techniques, fluid (lymphatic) techniques, and muscle release techniques as well as direct nerve gliding and stretching. Each technique is designed to free restrictions along the path of the nerve and normalize tissue function from the neck to the hand.
- Great for carpal tunnel syndrome, golfer's elbow, tennis elbow, numbness, tingling, weakness, wrist pain, epicondylitis, and more!
Learn step-by-step instructions, view detailed, up-close video footage, listen to expert voice narrations, helpful recaps and answers to frequently asked questions. Our Massage Master Video Set includes 3 videos from At Peace Media: Head, Neck & Shoulder Massage, Reflexology Volume 1 & Reflexology Volume 2.
- Fully approach the anterior and posterior aspects of the shoulder
- Assess and maintain shoulder function
- Increase neck motility and flexibility
- Use long, Swedish strokes combined with therapeutic detail work to keep the body injury-free
- Identify and get rid of trigger points in the muscles to alleviate headaches
- Use your body weight to enhance thumb work
- Apply pressure point squeezing to relieve tension
- Monitor your client's comfort level throughout the massage
- Gently integrate rocking and stretching into the massage