Rose is used extensively in perfumery, cosmetics and toiletries. A fragrance in its own right, it is also added to quality fragrances in everyday household materials. The Absolute is red to amber in color, with a rich, luxurious, sweet, fruity, floral odor. The Rose was the first flower from which an essential oil was ever distilled, and is therefore affectionately known as ‘the Queen of Flowers’. The great Arab physician, Avicenna is credited with having discovered the method of distilling essential oil, possibly by chance during the course of chemical experiments. Rose is extracted in two ways, by water distillation or by hydrocarbon solvent extraction. The Distillation method results in an oil (or Otto) and the Extraction method with an ‘Absolute’. Both extracts are equally pure, but the different methods result in different levels of the natural aroma-chemicals being present. Distillation only produces very small amounts of oil, so the solvent extraction method is the favored use in fragrance manufacturing. When distilling Rose Oil, water distillation is favored as direct steam damages the delicate petals and oils contained within them.
- Size: .33 oz.
- Country of Origin: Morocco
- Condition: New
- Availability: In Stock
- Caution: Non-Toxic. Rarely, may cause skin irritation in some individuals. Please read separate directions if you are, or suspect that you may be pregnant. Please refer to the precautions on the rear of this leaflet before using any essential oil and related Aromatherapy product.
- Many Uses - Anti-depressant, antiseptic, anti-viral, astringent, aphrodisiac, anti-spasmodic, regulating, balancing, soothing, calming and sedative.
- Main Components - Phenyl ethyl alcohol, geraniol and citronellol among others.
- Blends Well With - (most oils to round and soften) Geranium, Lavender, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Jasmine and Patchouli.