What makes our massage stone set the best in the industry?
- We take care to wash and cull our stones for size, shape, and smoothness.
- We hand select the best stones and pair our large, medium, palm, and trigger stones together for balance.
- Geologist Certified as Basalt
- Shipped oil-free for hypoallergenic safety.
"Because of the high quality of the stones and the consistency of each stone set we continue to order several of these sets each semester." Amy, massage instructor.
We offer 3 different sets of hot stone massage stones. All of our sets are hand sorted for size and washed. It is important to note that because these are genuine Basalt stones and are hence a natural earthen product, there is always some variation in the stones from set to set. No two sets will be exactly alike, though all sets are culled for consistency within the set. If you are wondering if you will be happy with our stones, suffice it to say that in 10 years, we've only had 2 returned. We take pride in offering the best massage stone sets in the industry!
We offer 2 types of stones: Premium or Budget. Here is what you need to know before buying.
Both sets feature real, natural, basalt stones. None of our stones in these sets have been man-made or shaped by a grinder or polished.
Both sets include stones that occur in natural shades of grey to black and/or light burgundy to black. Most of our stones will become more black in color as you oil them and the oil sets in. Occasionally you will find one that appears greyish or burgundy when dry but changes color completely when oiled or wet; this is completely natural as the oil or water changes the way the minerals absorb light waves.
Our "premium" quality stones are more perfect, more consistent, and more even in size, shape, texture, smoothness, and color.
Our "budget" quality, or 2nd quality stones will have more variation in size, color, and shape, but are guaranteed to be smooth on the skin-facing side. Some will even have inclusions, lines, or cracks but no rough or jagged edges. If you close your eyes (like your client will) and rub that side on your arm then you will not be able to detect any imperfection. Most always, many of the rocks in our budget sets are "perfect" in either size, or shape, or texture, or color, but not all 4.
Each stone is handpicked and examined in a 4-step process, not just randomly scooped.
Set 1: Our budget quality set: 50 of 2nd quality small, medium, and large massage stones. Everything you need, plus a few extras.
This set features stones that may be perfect in size or shape or color or texture, but not all 4. Hence, they are deemed to be 2nd quality due to color, or irregularity in shape, or surface imperfections. In other words, these stones are more "natural". Although they are guaranteed to be smooth on the client facing side, they may have more variation with small to medium pock marks, lines or gashes. These stones hold heat and are just as soothing as our more expensive stones, and your client may never realize the difference. Perfect for those on a budget who are just getting into hot stone therapy.
This 50-piece set is comprised of budget quality stones.
- 8 Toe stones
- 4 Facial Stones
- 14 Small stones (about 1" to1.5" size) Great for when you need different size facial or toe stones, or to replace a broken one.
- 18 Medium stones (about 2" to 3" size)
- 5 Large stones (about 3" to 4.25" size)
- 1 Sacral Stone ((4.25 - 5.5 inches)
Set 2: 50 premium quality hot stone basalt massage stones with specialty stones.
Features higher quality stones than our budget set. These massage stones have undergone thorough screening and been sorted for size, color and shape. Stones in this set will be smoother and more consistent across the set with very few (if any) marks or lines and are more visually appealing. It is important to remember that all of our stones are 100 percent natural so some variation in size, smoothness and shape is natural though we have done our best to minimize this. These stones are washed, culled, and sorted and paired for balance.
Our Premium 50-piece Massage Stone Set is comprised of 1st quality stones and includes:
- 8 Toe Stones
- 4 Facial Stones
- 2 Palm Stones
- 1 Neck / Pillow Stone
- 2 Trigger Stones
- 1 Sacral Stone (>4.5 inches)
- 12 Small Stones (about 1" to 1.5" size) Great for when you need different size facial or toe stones, or to replace a broken one.
- 14 Medium Working/Placement Stones (about 2" to 3" size)
- 6 Large Working/Placement Stones (about 3" to 4.25" size)
Set 3: 39-piece 2nd quality or budget quality stone set.
For when you need your stones to work, but don't care if they look perfect. The basic set with a few extra replacement small stones. Our 39-piece budget quality stone set includes:
- 8 Toe stones paired and bagged separately. Facial Stones bagged separately.
- 2 Palm Stones paired and bagged separately, ergonomically shaped so you can wrap your clients' hands and fingers around them, similar in size for balance.
- 2 Trigger Stones: bagged separately, medium 2 to 3 inch size for trigger points or deep tissue pin-point work.
- 8 of 1 to 2 inch stones: Small working stones ranging from 1 inch to 2 inches in size. Guaranteed to have a least 1 flat side to be used for placement as spinal alignment and small contour points on the body.
- 8 of 2 to 3 inch stones: Medium working & placement stones generally ranging from 2 inches to 3 inches in size. Used for working effleurage, placement, and release.
- 6 of 3 to 4 inch stones: Large working stones ranging from 3 to 4 inches in size. Used for back and thighs, and on the belly.
- 1 of 4 to 5 inch Sacral Stone: Extra large stone for placement on the back, belly, or thigh.
- PLUS 8 FREE small .5 to 1.5 inch stones as additional facial or replacement toe stones: not shown in the picture.
Our massage stones are imported basalt stones from the beaches of Mexico, Peru, Central America and South America. Hand selected from beaches along the coast, these massage stones are an excellent tool for therapists. These Basalt Stones naturally hold heat which make them the perfect stones for hot stone massage therapy.
Again, it is important to remember that our stones are 100% natural basalt massage stones. Have you ever seen those "perfect" little sets, all the same size and shape, in nice little wooden boxes? Usually these are actually man made by someone who sits all day to carve a softer soap stone. Soap stone is soft and will easily absorb more moisture, which is why they have to seal them with a hard chemical sealant. That's why they look so shiny and perfect. Nothing natural about that! In fact, once you break or crack the sealant, it will flake off and you can scratch the underlying stone with your fingernail; we don't think you want those stones; we don't sell them.
Qualities of our massage stones: Heat Retaining - These basalt stones, found imported from South America, naturally retain heat very well.Hand Picked - Each set is hand-collected. The count of each type of rock has been created through discussions with our customers.Adds Diversity - This modality of massage therapy gives you one more option to attract and satisfy your customers.Un-Oiled - Other manufacturers ship their stones already oiled. In order to keep our rocks as hypoallergenic as possible, we do not pre-oil the stones, and we leave that for the customer to decide.
If you have ever wondered why massage stones are priced the way they are, you have to look behind the scenes. First you have to make sure you get the right kind of stones, the ones that make them suitable to be called "hot stones". In this case, we use basalt because of their mineral composition and density, they are excellent at holding heat longer than other kinds of stones such as marble or granite. In our case, we get our massage stones from Peru. What would it cost to go to Peru, find the stones, get the heavy equipment in to collect them, bag them, put them on a truck, bring them to a boat, ship them to the USA, unload them off the boat and put them on another truck, drive the truck halfway across the country, and then incur the man hours to sort the stones, rinse them hand select them, bag them, and ship them? Well, we can tell you it costs A LOT! We think we should sell them for double, but reality is we have to price them to be competitive with the ones from China that not even Basalt but rather a softer stone that is shaped on a grindstone and then sealed in a heavy chemical for hardness. We are proud of our stones. They are natural, have natural variation, and true massage quality hot stones!