This hot stone massage DVD will teach you the basics of hot stone massage and how to create a relaxing, gentle and effective treatment for your client. This video, produced by the Institute for Massage and Spa Therapy Education (IMSTE), is designed to show the benefits and contraindications of using hot stones while providing 2 full- body and facial demonstrations (by different therapists) to help you integrate one of the most requested spa services into your massage therapy routine.
- Body workers will be shown the equipment needed, how to set up a workspace, the techniques to use and how to use the stones safely and effectively.
- It is recognized that all therapists have their own style, and this video provides the tools and flexibility to create your own routine.
- By combining the warm stones with a deep flowing massage, the result is an extremely soothing massage for your client while saving the wear and tear on the therapists hands.
- The heat from the stones allows for the release of muscle tissue at a greater intensity than with some other forms of massage.
You may add the complete pedicure and manicure hot stone massage set to your purchase to make your kit complete. The Art of Hot Stone Pedicures and Manicures video shows how to use their patented neck drape, combined with stone filled mitts and booties and a belly pouch to transform a regular pedicure and manicure into a completely relaxing experience. This video, produced by Pat Mayrhofer, walks you through techniques of a soothing, relaxing full-body experience for your client's next pedicure or manicure.
- Comes with a manual that "fills in the blanks" and will answer any questions that you may have
- Designed for licensed nail technicians and cosmetologists
- Transform a regular pedicure or manicure into a completely relaxing full-body experience
This video, produced by Pat Mayrhofer, shows how the thermogenic and
energetic benefits of the stones turns facials into therapeutic
sessions designed to rejuvenate body, mind and spirit. The use of both
hot and cold stones transforms an ordinary facial into a total
relaxation experience. This video starts by showing you the products
that you need, how to set up your space, how to prepare your client and
then performs a multi-angle hot stone facial demonstration that will
leave you knowing how to do it on your own.
This hot stone massage DVD covers everything needed to begin a hot stone massage practice. It not only addresses the modality and benefits of "Healing Stone Massage" but also answers some of the most frequently asked questions. Includes a basic hot stone massage utilizing foundation layouts and hot stone massage techniques, and a cool stone facial massage.
In the end the instructor Carollanne instructs on six advanced and restorative protocols. You will learn where to place stones to address specific dysfunctions and how to evaluate your client. Lastly she address the advanced technique of tracing each meridian to help balance the body.
This DVD is 80 minutes in length, and formatted for ALL countries.
- Stone shapes, textures
- 4 Different temperatures and how to use each one
- Contraindications to thermo therapy
- Benefits of Stone Massage
- Basic stone massage sequence
Take your stone massage to the next level! This healing stone video covers creative uses for your massage stones to benefit your clients using advanced stone massage techniques with both hot and cool stones.
Licensed massage therapist, Meade Steadman, illustrates how to
incorporate the use of hot and cold stones in full-body massage. With
the help of this video, you will learn how to perform different strokes
on the different muscle groups while Meade explains the physiological
effects of thermal and cryo therapy.
- Received 10 out of 10 rating in Massage Today, February 2006.
- Contraindications and precautions for such conditions as heart problems and pregnancy included.
- Discussion of the history, selection, and placement of stones.
This video instruction combines the therapeutic effect of Thermalism, the use of hot and cold stones to move fluids through the body's system, with the ergonomic advantages of Seated Massage to produce a unique approach to addressing imbalances in the human body. The video will teach a hands on system for Stress Relief unique to the Seated Stone approach and different from the Seated Massage Technique Video. Most everything in the video can be converted to application on the table but is demonstrated on a massage chair.
- Available in DVD or VHS